top of page

Your Voice Counts Advocacy Services

Advocacy for people with learning disabilities

Information for professionals

Who is the service for?

Our advocacy services are open to adults who have learning disabilities and who live in South Tyneside or Gateshead. We may also be able to work with people who have learning disabilities who live elsewhere in the region if their social care support is provided by South Tyneside Council.

We aim to help people with any issue, providing they have a learning disability and are in our eligible areas.  Most of our advocacy services work is issue-based and for the duration of the issue.  We also run drop-in sessions in Gateshead and South Tyneside where people can receive initial help very quickly.


What areas does the service cover?


We can support any person who has a learning disability and who lives in Gateshead or South Tyneside providing they are not already entitled to one of the other commissioned statutory advocacy services.

Who can refer and how?

People can self-refer to us, or someone else can refer on their behalf if they agree using the referral form available below:


Before referring a person who has a learning disability, professionals should first consider whether the person is already entitled to a statutory advocacy service as there is a legal requirement that local authorities arrange advocacy for people eligible for any of these services.

For more information or advice about a referral, please contact us.

bottom of page